GoldCoin [GLD] is a scrypt PoW altcoin with a great name meaning “value” to billions of people Worldwide. It was launched in May 2013. Announced as an improved version of Litecoin currently using scrypt as a proof of work scheme.
Goldcoin website: http://gldcoin.com
Goldcoin generation rules condense the entire history of gold from the beginning to the end when Earth’s finite supply is finally exhausted into a condensed and practical 100-year model making them both limited finite resources.
Goldcoin technical specifications:
- scrypt PoW
- 2.5 minute block targets up till block 44999
- 2 minute block targets thereafter
- 504 blocks per difficulty retarget up to block 44999
- 60 blocks per difficulty retarget thereafter
- total number of GLD coins: 123,423,900
Goldcoin block rewards:
- Blocks 1 – 200 = 10,000 GLD
- Blocks 201 – 2,000 = 1,000 GLD
- Blocks 2,001 – 44,999 = 500 GLD
- Starting Block 45,000 rewards drops to 45 GLD
- Reward is then reduced each year using the following formula: 50 divided by (1.1 + 0.49*every year thereafter)
Goldcoin mining pools:
Goldcoin promotional video on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ul5JtYVXpg
Goldcoin github source code: https://github.com/goldcoin/gldcoin
GoldCoin (GLD) now trades on both Cryptsy and CoinEx in both LTC and BTC markets.