Qora is a 100% Proof-of-Stake 2nd generation cryptocurrency. Launched in March 2014, it was designed from the ground up to solve Bitcoin’s biggest problems while also adding new promising features.
Qora uses a new proof-of-stake algorithm making it future-proof. This altcoin was developed in Java and relies on native C libraries to perform the most CPU intensive tasks.
Qora wallet download links
Current version of Qora wallet is v13 (as in July 2014):
Qora website: http://qora.org
Qora coin features and technical specifications
- Ed25519 DSA to verify and sign messages
- 1-5 minute block time depending on the network activity.
- The total amount of Qora in existence is 10’000’000’000 (10 Billion).
- Retargeting every 10 blocks.
- Password protected wallets that can be recovered/generated from seeds.
- New Proof-of-Stake algorithm.
- A JSON RPC API to directly communicate with the client.
- Naming Service: allows the user to register a key-value pair which can be used for various purposes (URLS, addresses, …).
- Voting System: Allows voting inside the client to make community decisions such as which feature will be implemented next.
- Colored Coins/Assets.
- Arbitrary Transactions: a simple feature which allows users to send any payload they want over the network.
- Transaction Boosting: higher transaction processing speed by not having to broadcast the transactions to the whole network.
Qora block explorer: http://coinia.net/qora/blockexplorer.php
Qora can be exchanged to Bitcoin and Litecoin here:
Anonymous transactions/Zerocoin, as one of the biggest problems of Bitcoin is of course that every transaction is traceable. Currently Zerocoin is the most promising project which is trying to solve that problem in a decentralized way.