What is PIVX? PIVX, Private Instant Verified Transaction, is a privacy-focused, decentralized, open source cryptocurrency run by a global community run by creators, innovators, and technology enthusiasts.
PIVX was originally launched under the name Darknet (DNET). It was re-branded to PIVX on January 1st 2017
Main Website: http://pivx.org
WIKI Site: http://pivx.wiki
Masternode Info Site: https://pivxmasternode.org
- PoW Phase Period: January 30th 2016 to August 17 2016 (FINISHED)
- PoS Phase Period: August 17 2016 to Forever
- Block Time: 60 Seconds with retargeting every block (approx. 1440 blocks per day)
- PoW Phase Max Coin Supply: 43,199,500
- PoW Algorithm: Quark
- PoW Block Reward: [block# 2-151200] 250 PIV [block# 151201-259200] 50 PIV
- Premine: [block# 1] 60k Premine for creation of 6 Masternodes for the functioning of the network.
- Premine: [block# 1] 60k Premine was publicly burned at block 279917. No more premine exists.
What is the overall benefit of holding PIVX longterm?
The future success of the coin largely depends on the community and energy continuation driving the project forward. That being said: Increase in wealth. As is the case with all cryptocurrencies, there is a potential that by holding PIVX for the longterm, you will see a return in the value (and thus wealth) you hold.
Ability to vote/participate in the coins direction: If you hold one of the masternodes, you’ll be able to participate in the governance of the coin.
Community Involvement. As the community grows, those who were early adopters will alway play a special part in PIVX’s growth. In a year, 2, or 5 from now…we can’t imagine what the landscape will look like.